Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday's Tunes...

Today as I was driving to school and bobbing my head to the beat of the music coming from my speakers I had a thought. I believe that there are certain songs that define us or parallel our lives and today as I was pretending that I was in the spotlight on stage in New York City with my name flashing in lights outside of the theater in which I was performing one of those songs came on the radio.  Don't laugh, ok?  "My Baby Loves Me Just the Way That I am," by Martina McBride came on and I instantly added it to my life's soundtrack.  Yes, I do think that all of these songs that speak to me on a deeper level come together to create my life's soundtrack and today another track was added.  I've heard this song before and as I was singing my duet with Martina I couldn't help but smile and think of Jake.



Fun Fact: When I was little I wanted nothing more than to transform into Celine Dion over night and become a singing superstar! I would go into my little brother's and sister's rooms when they were still small enough to have baby monitors in them and sing my little heart out into that monitor, knowing that my mom was listening so that I could come out and have her tell me how great I was.  Turns out she wasn't telling me the whole truth all of those years because I can't carry a tune.  Instead of retiring to Vegas I'm retired to my car.


No comments:

Post a Comment