Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rays of Sunshine...

So, I haven't had the best week, not that anything bad is happening at all, I just haven't been in a very good mood. I actually have a lot of good things that are happening, I just haven't been choosing to focus on them. So this is me refocusing...

One of my best friends Alex sent me a message last week saying that she met with the Elders in our area and that she liked what they had to say and wanted to me to bring her to church with me...exciting news! I love Alex, and it's so much fun to get to spend more time with her again. We lived together two summers ago and since we moved out that summer we have been so busy that its been hard to make time to hang out, so I'm so excited that that is changing.

When Jake and I got back from FHE the other night I had my hands in my jacket pockets and quit paying attention to walking up the stairs (which isn't something you should have to pay attention to anyway) to say something to Jake about the dogs next door and I tripped on my brick stairs and feel and hit my knee which started swelling immediately and now I have a gross bruise and a dull ache when I walk. I'm sure you're wondering how is this me refocusing right? well, It could have been a lot worse...like I said, my hands were in my pockets, and as I was falling I couldn't get them out, but somehow I only hurt my knee, when all I could see the whole time I was falling was concrete coming right at my face. Jake was walking behind me though and caught me before anything other then my knee hit the stairs...so thanks Jake, for saving my face and whatever else could have been hurt :-)

So then the other night, there is this person that I really just don't get a long with, and they were around, and they were doing things to really get on my nerves. I was holding Doc and wouldn't let him get down because I didn't want him to go around this person and Jake told me I was being ridiculous. This really didn't sit well with my mood and I was instantly pretty upset with him. Well...This was me just being more ridiculous...I'm actually glad that Jake and I are comfortable enough that he feels like he can tell me when i'm being ridiculous. I might have scared him out of ever telling me again, but I don't think I would have normally reacted the way I did, I was just already upset and he added fuel to the fire.

The next day though I got this super sweet text message:

I know I upset you last night
and I know you are probably tired
of hearing me say that I'm sorry, but I am.
You are my best friend in the entire world
and you make me feel different
than anyone else has ever made me feel
and I love you with all of my heart.
I hope you are having a good day.
You are my everything. :-)

Which is pretty much all I needed to hear the whole week.

So from now on, when I'm in a bad mood, instead of just letting myself be in that bad mood, I'll try to refocus and see the rays of sunshine that are always shining behind the clouds.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. and I love you. :) Way to look for the positive even during a crappy week! It can for sure be hard sometimes. :) I love you a lot and can't wait to see you! Thanks for blogging your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete