Sunday, February 6, 2011

Give 'em a break


Being a person that doesn't care very much about football, I look forward to the Super Bowl for the commercials and the halftime show.  In the recent years since the Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson wardrobe mishap the halftime show has been flooded with aging rockstars reliving their glory days.  Don't get me wrong,  different people like different kinds of music and Jake likes classic rock, but these halftime shows have left me bored and disappointed.  It's about time rock sat a year out and gave someone else a chance.

Let me just start by saying that I really like Fergie, so I am biased, but I thought the Black Eyed Peas did a good job, I was thoroughly entertained.  I loved the body suits on all of the dancers and all of the LED effects.  I think that when people perform a song differently than it has ever been performed (cough cough, Sweet Child of Mine) people freak out that it is so bad...I don't think it was bad, I think that Fergie made it her own, you gotta give the girl props.

So, every one, lay off, give them a break, they delivered what anyone would expect from The Black Eyed Peas, a visually appealing and entertaining show, and you can't ask for much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment