Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Furniture makes me smile...

Jake and I have had our eye on this sa-weet piece of furniture that we saw in Wal*Mart for several months. We wanted it to use as a t.v. stand, however, we haven't had excess funds thus far in our marriage and so we were stuck waiting and "saving" up for it. Then the other night I get a text from hubby saying "How would you feel about coming home to another piece of furniture?" My first reaction to this text message was in my head and it went a little something like this-"we already have sooooooooo much stuff...where are we going to put something else?! I can't believe he brought something else home when all of this other stuff is already in the way and he didn't even ask me!" I simply responded to Jake's text with a quick "umm, i'm not sure..." I never imagined he was going to surprise me with something we have both wanted for months! But lo and behold, I get home and there it is...in bunches of pieces on our living room floor.

So here it is,
The recipe for a new lovely piece of furniture


One willing husband...


A LOT of hardware...


a little of Doc's help...

...and ta-dah, the finished product!

with a touch of Christmas decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment