Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'm a perfectionist...but I'm not perfect...

Let me let you in on a little secret...there are quiet a few things that bother me, I guess they can be considered pet peeves.  For example, I HATE being late...Jake, however, doesn't mind being late at all.  This often leads to an irritated wife on Sunday mornings when I'm walking out the door to the car so we can get to church before the opening hymn and Jake is still standing in the kitchen, with his tie and shoes untied, buttering toast.

I'm bothered when the living room isn't vacuumed.  It is such a simple task and it makes all the difference in the world in how clean the entire room looks.  However, I don't often find myself with enough time in each day to make sure that this task gets done.

I'm bothered when there is a pile of dirty laundry in the laundry room.  However, this is often the case.

I'm bothered when the sink is full of dirty dishes.  However, I don't do the dishes each night after dinner.

I'm bothered when people take pictures of themselves in a mirror and post them all over their different social networking sites.  I can't say I've never taken a picture of myself though.

I'm bothered when people's shopping carts aren't put into the giant shopping cart stalls in the middle of the parking lot and are left instead to roll into parking spots that I turn my car to park into, only to find that they've been taken.  However, I can't say that every time I've ever been shopping I've put my cart back into that same giant stall.

Ok, you get the picture.  There is one thing that bothers me more than all of these things, if you can believe that.  I'm so bothered when people don't proofread the things that they post.  Spelling doesn't bother me as much as when someone uses two words in one sentence that mean the same thing.  Or when someone uses words that just don't make any sense in the way in which they are being used.  That being said...today as I was watching reruns of Grey's Anatomy in the middle of the day (one of the joys of Christmas vacation) I get a text message from Jake that listed the mistakes and necessary corrections for yesterday's blog post.  Ironic?...I think so.

In the words of Pen Densham, "there are no perfect men in this world, only perfect intentions"



No comments:

Post a Comment