Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tuesday's Tunes...on Wednesday

Yesterday was so busy, I hardly had time to sit down and prop my feet up and snuggle Jake.

Speaking of Jake, every month on the 8th he brings home flowers for me...You see we got married on the 8th of October...before that, be brought me flowers every month on the 2nd because we started dating on the 2nd of some month long ago.  It's really so sweet to see him come in holding flowers out towards me, so proud of himself that he remembered and that they make me so happy.

You know what else makes me happy? Holding a baby...they are so cute and my new friend Jillian has one of the cutest babies ever.  Last night I went to Enrichment, Jillian was presenting for part of the time and, so I got hold this baby for a little while.  It's so nice to have a new friend in our ward.  They are the sweetest little family and I hope to be as cute of a little mama as Jillian is.
Jillian and Aiden
You know what I did after Enrichment?  I met a couple of horny dirt bags...at least, that's what Jake called them.  Enrichment lasted a little longer than I thought it was going to and as I was talking to Jake on the way home he said that he would love nothing more than for me to bring home a stuffed crust pizza.  Seeing as he brought me flowers and all earlier that day how could I say no?  So off I went to the Pizza Hut to pick up our romantic dinner and I pull of to the window and this is the conversation that followed

Horny Dirt bag: (looks me up and down...you know the look) Hey, how YOU doing?
Me: I'm good...do you have an order for Watson ready?
Horny Dirtbag: I sure do, it'll be $12.48...(leans down on to the window) so what bring you to Pizza Hut tonight?
Me: umm, my order.
Horny Dirtbag: Do you come here a lot?
Me: Only when it's what my husband wants for dinner.
Horny dirtbag:  Ohh, what's your husband up to tonight?
Me: He's at home. Did you say my order was ready?
Horny dirtbag: Let me go check again. Now that i'm thinking about it, I don't think that it is.
Me: ok.
Horny Dirt bag: It's almost ready, just another minute, they'll bring it to you when it's done...you come back real soon Carly (as he read my name off of his copy of my receipt.

This was all obnoxious, funny, flattering and ridiculous at the same time.  I had a friend on the phone the whole time and she thought it was the funniest thing she had heard all day while it was happening, but it's nice to know that the Pizza Hut guys think that I've still got it.

Once I finally made it home to spend some quality time with my hubs it was 9 o' clock.  We ate our pizza and watched Modern Family, and laughed and laughed and laughed at that show.  

So there it is, my long day yesterday...exciting right?  So for all of those that were looking forward to Tuesday's Tunes, here is the song that I chose yesterday but didn't have time to write about...it's the new Rascal Flatts song, and I thought it was fitting for the day since Jake and I have not been married for four months.


P.S. Can I just say how smokin' hot Joe Don is?  He has a terrible name, but good grief, isn't he nice to look at?

No comments:

Post a Comment